Responsible for both the customer service experience and member retention efforts for the organization, the Client Services Advisor (CSA) seeks to ensure a 1st class experience for all the constituents of the Vistage-inspired community, and therefore functions as the designated “go to” for our 400+ Chairs and 1,000+ Expert Resource Speakers as they coordinate over 5,000+ speaker member meetings on behalf of our 11,000+ US membership base.
In addition to the essential duty of managing speaker meetings, the CSA will also be measured on his/ her ability to re-engage those active members who are seeking membership alternatives and directing them accordingly, so a similar past work experience of applying empathetic listening skills with a keen sales sense to address member ‘pain points’ while providing alternative solutions in order to keep the member satisfied, is critical.
This position requires regular phone/email conversations with C-level clientele, including internal staff, so it requires considerable tact, discretion and persuasion in order to obtain willing action and consent from those involved. A keen understanding of the audience he supports, coupled with the ability to build and maintain significant and enduring business relationships is a must to be successful in this high impact role.
Please send a copy of your resume along with a cover letter telling us why this job should be yours.
***Please write Client Services Advisor in the subject line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Member Retention Interviews: Conduct re-engagement calls with pending drop members in order to save (keep in the same group), transition (move to another group) and/or move into sabbatical program.
- Client Service Support: respond within 24 hours to all client inquiries regarding, but not limited to, business, general and technical support, accounting, membership, problem solving, and curriculum development.
- Member Satisfaction Calls: Conduct 5 and 11-month check in calls with current members to ensure value being received, and/ or determine satisfaction level to starve off a future drop notice.
- Welcome New Member Calls: Conduct welcome calls to all new members who join our community to ensure they are introduced to the tools available for maximum adoption.
- Book/On-board Speakers: Partner with Chairs to coordinate meeting dates and requested speakers. Also assist in the onboarding and development of new speakers into our database.
- Policy/ New Initiative Promotion: Communicate to the Chairs any new company policies being enforced and/or new initiatives enacted
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to conduct each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to engage top-level candidates (CEO, Key Executive, Small Business Owner) in candid conversations over the phone.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to coordinate efforts and capitalize on opportunities.
- Works with field management to determine opportunities for market penetration.
- Makes recommendations to Manager of Client Services regarding opportunities to maximize retention.
- Serve as the ‘Corporate Advocate’ on-boarding new Members of newly launched groups, checking with members at their first 5 and 11 month marks, helping “At Risk Members” better leverage the Vistage program and conducting exit interviews to save pending member drops.
- Service Clients with a myriad of matters, including but not limited to support, problem solving, coaching, scheduling of speakers, speaker recommendations, promoting Vistage initiatives, general technical support, accounting and membership, observing a 24 hour SLA.
- Develop a strong rapport in order to “influence” Chairs’ decision making.
- Coordinate, and attend all in-house Speaker meetings; may occur outside of normal business hours.
- Periodically attend group meetings, Vistage Conferences, All City and marketing events.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Strong customer service skills; ability to interact with C-level clientele.
- Project management or business development background preferred.
- Previous experience in solution selling/relationship selling to C-suite clients
- 5+ years’ experience with inside phone sales/ consulting/ customer service
- Strong understanding of SalesForce CRM tool (2+ years)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to diffuse potential conflict in a professional manner
- Computer knowledge to include Windows NT, MS Office, database operations and Internet research
- Working knowledge of basic accounting practices
- Some travel within the U.S. is required