With more than 17,000 members, Vistage International is the world’s foremost chief executive leadership-development organization, providing unparalleled access to issue-resolution and better performance through monthly peer-advisory groups, one-on-one business coaching, expert-speaker presentations, and extensive online connectivity via articles, best practices, podcasts and webinars.
Today, Vistage International and its affiliates operate in 17 countries. Members meet in small, professionally-facilitated and process-driven groups every month to help one another make better decisions, achieve better results, and become better leaders. They’re also connecting and learning by collaborating online, tapping into a vast content library, and applying the expertise of hundreds of top industry speakers. Simply stated, Vistage is instrumental in helping its members to figure out what to do and to actually do what they must to get their companies to “the next level” of growth and success.
Vistage-member companies generate more than $300 billion in annual revenues and employ approximately over two million employees around the world. Studies have shown that Vistage-member companies outperform their competitors and, on average, grow their revenues at three times the percentage growth rate after joining Vistage. Consequently, Vistage enjoys extraordinary high membership retention, attendance and tenure rates. And Vistage continues to grow its membership, expand internationally, build its brand, and leverage technology.
We invite you to visit our website at www.Vistage.com and learn more about our rich history, our unique programs, our bright future, and our values of Trust, Caring, Challenge and Growth.
This individual must demonstrate the ability to inspire, motivate, hold others accountable, and challenge those they work with to: do more than they would on their own, create momentum and consistency, and take more effective and focused actions. As the growth engine of the company, they will use superior communication and follow-through skills to develop and execute strategies along with the CEO building a new group, resulting in a successful event marketing campaign and group start within established company timelines. They are also the “quarterback” for the new group build process, guiding all efforts of internal and field staff to ensure maximum results. They are responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly deliverables to achieve established metrics for pre and post event success, group starts and overall communication output.
Reporting to the Director of New Groups, the New Group Build Director (NGBD) will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop launch plans for each Chair candidate assigned to them and work directly with the Chair to execute against established plan.
- Provide the vision and strategy for each launch and ensure internal resources are aligned with launch targets and executing established launch plan.
- Reach Individual New Group Starts Goals on a monthly basis and effectively forecast pipeline through accurate updates and assessment of pipeline activity.
- Coach and encourage chairs through group start process while holding them accountable to mutual goals and expectations for group starts.
- Ensure Chairs achieve all established milestones and adjusting launch projections based on Chair performance. Monitor, coach and where necessary terminate Chairs based on performance.
- Align efforts and develop relationships with Best Practice Chairs, Mentors and Senior Vice Presidents based upon mutual understanding of group start goals.
- Document all group build status updates to ensure accuracy of event information, member information, and chair status. Efficiently report out on status during regularly scheduled status meetings.
- Track and quantify pre and post success of marketing events relative to acquiring members for group starts and use as data points during discussion with chair to gauge success. All chairs must have exact start date mapped or decision made regarding go forward plan.
- Plan various information events and marketing strategies designed for member acquisition. Lead chair through marketing set-up and establish expectations for chair’s involvement with marketing functions.
- 7+ Years experience as a sales coach or trainer required
- Project management background preferred
- Previous sales and/or sales management desired
- Previous coaching background preferre
- Superior communication and customer service skills
- Proven creative problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills- the ability to inspire, motivate, hold accountable, and challenge
- Exceptional planning, negotiation and organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal/written communication and listening skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Team player- collaborative
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to rapidly adapt to program changes and methods of communication
- Ability to offer guidance and suggest alternative solutions
- Some travel within the U.S. as deemed necessary
- Ability to conduct thorough internet research relevant to market information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Motivator; team member; organized; great customer service; strategic and analytical; detail-oriented; effective communicator; creative and lively intellect; appropriate sense of urgency; polished.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; minimum 5-7 years related experience and/or training in a professional business environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior coaching or management experience required.